Sign up

Office Drone Hive 2015

Consider Frustoconical Ladders

kiral
Fork wrote:
kiral wrote:
If anything uniform provided should be in italics, because you have to wear a uniform, and italics means something is bad.

Good point Kiral.


Hey Fork, I think you mean 'Good Point Kiral'.
Fork
Spoon wrote:
Wow, I wish I had to wear a uniform!

Me too, but really I just wish my workplace wasn't full of double standards.

It's supposed to be "business attire" all round.

Us gents wear business shirts/pants/shoes and always look respectable.

The women wear whatever the fuck they want. Thongs or sandals with feathers on them, jeans, miniskirts that don't fit them, crop tops.

They look like slobs, yet don't get picked up on it. If we wore anything else we'd get scunted for sure.

You've probably heard this before, but I guess the point is that it hasn't changed.

The new person wears professional/business attire though, so I'm hoping once she finds her feet and goes down the back she starts laying down the law.
Darkshaunz
Those benefits are not too bad, Ause. Free chow and staff days sound pretty awesome.

The only time I had to wear a uniform to work was when I worked for Toys'R'Us. Wasn't too bad, and was actually kind of comfortable. Plus, I had a giraffe face on my workshirt - which is kind of neat. RIP Toys'R'Us Perth City store, I enjoyed working there muchly.

Fork wrote:
Us gents wear business shirts/pants/shoes and always look respectable.


Same.
Spoon
Darkshaunz wrote:
Those benefits are not too bad, Ause. Free chow and staff days sound pretty awesome.

The only time I had to wear a uniform to work was when I worked for Toys'R'Us. Wasn't too bad, and was actually kind of comfortable. Plus, I had a giraffe face on my workshirt - which is kind of neat. RIP Toys'R'Us Perth City store, I enjoyed working there muchly.

Was the uniform provided?
hekate
Fork wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Wow, I wish I had to wear a uniform!

Me too, but really I just wish my workplace wasn't full of double standards.

It's supposed to be business attire all round.

Us gents wear business shirts/pants/shoes and always look respectable.

The women wear whatever the fuck they want. Thongs or sandals with feathers on them, jeans, miniskirts that don't fit them, crop tops.

They look like slobs, yet don't get picked up on it. If we wore anything else we'd get scunted for sure.

You've probably heard this before, but I guess the point is that it hasn't changed.

The new person wears professional/business attire though, so I'm hoping once she finds her feet and goes down the back she starts laying down the law.


FTFY according to Kiral's Style Guide.
Hunterbob
We're supposed to wear smart casual attire. I wear tshirts and jeans. Today I'm repping my Starscream tee.

Never been pulled up on it and I like to think that it's because I'm awesome (or the fact that I get shit done).
kiral
Fork wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Wow, I wish I had to wear a uniform!

Me too, but really I just wish my workplace wasn't full of double standards.

It's supposed to be "business attire" all round.

Us gents wear business shirts/pants/shoes and always look respectable.

The women wear whatever the fuck they want. Thongs or sandals with feathers on them, jeans, miniskirts that don't fit them, crop tops.

They look like slobs, yet don't get picked up on it. If we wore anything else we'd get scunted for sure.

You've probably heard this before, but I guess the point is that it hasn't changed.

The new person wears professional/business attire though, so I'm hoping once she finds her feet and goes down the back she starts laying down the law.

Just start wearing more casual clothes bro. If they say anything, just point out what everyone else is wearing.


Spoon wrote:
I'm wearing shorts and a tshirt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amen brother. Feels good. Currently 36 degrees in Melbourne, definitely shorts weather.
Fork
kiral wrote:
Just start wearing more casual clothes bro. If they say anything, just point out what everyone else is wearing.

Definitely tempted.

I've just organised my to do list into a couple of Trello boards. Definitely more usable and friendly than a bunch of text files sitting on the desktop.

Cheers for the idea, gents.
Fork
Spoon wrote:
Clownshoes wrote:
Also wearing some undies too.

Were they provided with the job?

Not sure, but I'm sure they're perky.

Wait, I mean perky.

I mean he has a boner.

Double wait, the term being used was benefit of the job, not perk. Shit. Oh well.
kiral
Spoon wrote:
Clownshoes wrote:
Also wearing some undies too.

Were they provided with the job?


The job only provides 1 pair of undies which are required to be worn at all times in the office, as there is an RFID and GPS chip located in them, which grants you security access.

They only provide you 1 pair of undies, as the cost to manufacture a single pair is very expensive. Also due to the electronic parts in the undies, they're unable to be washed.
Post Reply