Sign up

Office Drone Hive 2015

Consider Frustoconical Ladders

Fork
Image

Happy Friday everyone!

How has your week been?

Doing anything special for lunch?

Got anything planned for the weekend?
Hanlol
Having a vege schnitzel burger with chipotle bbq sauce for lunch. Sooooo gooooood. I'm working tomorrow unfortunately so I don't have anything planned.

Have a long weekend next weekend though because Dahlia is coming to visit. Going out to dinner in Collingwood at this awesome looking place:

http://www.thegembar.com.au/
Fun
Hanlol wrote:
Having a vege schnitzel burger with chipotle bbq sauce for lunch. Sooooo gooooood. I'm working tomorrow unfortunately so I don't have anything planned.

Have a long weekend next weekend though because Dahlia is coming to visit. Going out to dinner in Collingwood at this awesome looking place:

http://www.thegembar.com.au/


I live near that joint and it is definitely pretty tendie.
Spoon
Darkshaunz wrote:
Fun wrote:
If I was stranded on a desert island I'd just take Shaun.

I feel like he'd bring the appropriate things.

and he'd be delicious


As a service:

You have chosen me. This is admittedly quite a bothersome choice, because I have my own things to bring and didn't consider that I'd be the one being brought by someone else. Assuming that I'm not allowed to bring anything else, because I'm considered to be an item choice (my basic human rights notwithstanding), I'd count as your survival item. All I can say is, that was a remarkably poor decision on your part, and an even poorer decision on mine for not including a clause that would have avoided this very annoying and perilous situation. Seeing as you only brought me and not three other items, I'm only of use to you for about three or so days before I dehydrate and then expire - hating you for every minute of it. In those three days, I suppose you could lament the horrible decision you've made and send me out to clear mines for you, or something (because there are minefields now, and somehow the both of us are in 1950s Cambodia). If you fear that you might forget this terrible choice, I assure you that I will be there to remind you constantly about it (as a service).

All in all, I have about 100,000 calories if you decide to consume my organs. Doesn't solve the dehydration problem on your part - or on the part of my body. By the time I've been cut up into edible portions, you'd have no place to store the flesh and I'd go bad really quickly. Other usefulness about my flesh may include using it as a lure to bait carrion feeders (monitor lizards, some birds and small predators) and then eat them instead. I think the most useful thing is to cut off my arm, cure and dry it - and then use it as some of bizarre shamanistic juju back scratcher. This is plausible because consuming my Asian blood and entrails would have driven you to at least partial madness, when coupled with I must assume - some guilt on your part for causing my death. I'd rate your survival to be barely better than mine, definitely less than seven days.

Plus side: You can make a joke like, "I had Chinese food last night" to yourself, and all of your alter egos would erupt into laughter.

I'd like to thank Shaunz for these services as they were greatly entertaining.
Konstantine
Another (wet) day in the hive.

Massive bus delays in the eastern suburbs this morning, leading to 50 minutes standing around waiting. Not a promising start.

Has everyone done their tax? I had to pay extra this year for the first time - quite a rude shock.
Hunterbob
Spoon wrote:
Nah I'm in no hurry to find out how much extra money I need to give to the government

This is how I feel at the moment, but might get onto it this weekend if I find the motivation.
hekate
Spoon wrote:
Nah I'm in no hurry to find out how much extra money I need to give to the government


Same. I only paid $3k in tax due to baby leave and now being part time, but I did do some freelance jobs for work which I'll have to declare so they'll prob want $$ from me for those.
Jiminy
When I do go, it's usually to HnR block or some other multi officed style accounting practice. The last time i did it, it was also 3 years overdue and the time before that was 4 years over due. I pretty much do them every 3 to 4 years. Totally expecting a fine this time because the ATO is probably going to flag me for being a serial offender.

Anyway I would bring the following four items in my quest for survival.

- Leatherman (multi purpose pocket knife thingy)
- The biggest heavy duty tarpaulin known to man. Possibly circus tent size.
- Stainless steel pot with lid
- an intelligent, practical and attractive female with a high sex drive
Hunterbob
Jiminy wrote:
When I do go, it's usually to HnR block or some other multi officed style accounting practice. The last time i did it, it was also 3 years overdue and the time before that was 4 years over due. I pretty much do them every 3 to 4 years. Totally expecting a fine this time because the ATO is probably going to flag me for being a serial offender.

Anyway I would bring the following four items in my quest for survival.

- Leatherman (multi purpose pocket knife thingy)
- The biggest heavy duty tarpaulin known to man. Possibly circus tent size.
- Stainless steel pot with lid
- an intelligent, practical and attractive female with a high sex drive

That's just being selfish, it was only three items.

...so lose the pot then?
Post Reply