Delicious, and oh so simple
If you know what you're doing, this is a very simple recipe that yeilds an extremely delicious Salted Caramel Fudge at the end of it.
If you don't know what you're doing, you will fuck this up. Just make sure you read this post in full before starting and you'll be fine.
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Glucuose Syrup
- 1/4 cup Golden Syrup
- 125g Butter
- 180g White Chocolate Melts/Chips
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt Flakes
Remember, preparation is key!
Before you start anything, have this shit ready:
- 20cm square pan lined with baking paper and sprayed lightly with oil
- The 180g white chocolate measured out and nearby
- A scrapy thing and the salt flakes nearby
Phase One - The beginning
- Put everything except for the white chocolate and salt flakes in a saucepan
- Put saucepan over low heat and stir constantly for 10 minutes
- It should not boil, but the sugar will dissolve and it will be glossy
Phase Two - This quickening
- Increase heat to medium low and stir constantly for 8 more minutes
- It will simmer slowly, will thicken a bit and come away at the edges
Phase Three - Speed is key
- Quickly remove the saucepan from the heat
- Quickly add white choc bits and stir until they're melted
- Quickly pour/scrape into your nearby and already lined pan
- Quickly sprinkle with sea salt flakes
- Relax, if you were prepared you would have been able to do this quickly enough
Phase Four - The hard part
- Set aside to cool for 30 minutes
- Put in fridge for at least 6 hours to set
- Remove from fridge, cut up, devour like a mad animal
OM NOM NOM NOM
As you can see, it's very simple but as soon as you start you need to be stirring constantly and don't have time to do anything else. If it says stir for x minutes, actually set a timer and do not stop until it beeps. This is part alchemy and part elbow grease, and oh so worth it.
I hope you try it out, it's become a clear winner for a quick to make and delicious dessert.