Sign up
Gunmetal
Well some of you may have noticed my absence from the forums for a while, I've been extremely busy working on some lucrative mining contracts for my company with 2 of the big players in the industry FMG and BHP, well my last year of 60 hour weeks, flying over half way to the moon and reaching Platinum frequent flyer has paid off.

I just had my pay review done after landing 2 contracts worth ~ 3 million and I am now on 233k a year, with a company car and 9% super on top, just goes to show that if you work hard, ignore friends / family / any form of life you too can achieve success!

Now you might see me around a little more often.
Fork
Damn son, great work!

Will definitely have to have a big catch up next time Jim/Bain is in town.

(You're the reason the cost of living in Perth is so high, bastard!)
willy
Gunmetal wrote:
Well some of you may have noticed my absence from the forums for a while, I've been extremely busy working on some lucrative mining contracts for my company with 2 of the big players in the industry FMG and BHP, well my last year of 60 hour weeks, flying over half way to the moon and reaching Platinum frequent flyer has paid off.

I just had my pay review done after landing 2 contracts worth ~ 3 million and I am now on 233k a year, with a company car and 9% super on top, just goes to show that if you work hard, ignore friends / family / any form of life you too can achieve success!

Now you might see me around a little more often.


Grats, good work putting in the hard yards to make the dollars. People often assume FIFO/mining jobs are easy and the money is ludicrous, but you put the hours in in a hot and shitty environment away from your loved ones. So, fuck yeah, make them dollar bills.

Also, I'm very close to you except that's including my super :S I'll catch you motherfucker.
Spoon
Congrats Gun. That sure does sound like a whole lot of dedication to the job, so it's deserving that you be rewarded for it.

Are you able to take it back a few notches now? Have a bit more of a relaxing time week to week?
Gunmetal
Yeah now I get to work a bit more steadily now, switching to a 2 on 2 off roster next month, so effectively with that roster and my annual leave, I now only work 5 months a year
Bain
Well done gunny. Making money can sometimes be fun. Most of the time its not.

The way I see it. The more money we earn, the more the business owns us. It's a matter of keeping a balance.

Let hope you keep the balance right with with the big bucks!
kiral
Bain wrote:
The way I see it. The more money we earn, the more the business owns us. It's a matter of keeping a balance


Yeah so true Bain. The more money you earn the more that's expected from you, and then the more money you earn the more used to the lifestyle you get. And once you're used to that money you can't go back easily. Kind of sad, but I still enjoy my foot bath ain't no body taking that away from me.
Wiing
Nice Gun, with such a high income what tax effective schemes you scheming up? Salary Sacrificing more Super, negativing gearing house/shares ?
willy
Wiing wrote:
Nice Gun, with such a high income what tax effective schemes you scheming up? Salary Sacrificing more Super, negativing gearing house/shares ?



Tax is a good thing, fuck negative gearing. I have positively geared investments...you should too Wing.
Post Reply