Sign up

The Witcher 3

Get Your Geralt On

Fork
Image


This game looks so fucking badass, I just hope I don't have to have played the first two to enjoy it.



bladearts
When I played the Witcher 2 I think it had a little cutscene that explained most of the things that happened in the first game. This one will probably have something similar so people don't get confused.
Neifelheim
I've played both the previous 2 and they are up there as the best single player RPG experiences I've come across in that genre, in terms of game play, really cool storyline and the main character is Badass McCool.

I really recommend at least playing the Witcher 2 just because (it's cheap too and quite often on sale on Steam or Greenman).

I'd be very surprised if you were able to just pick up the Witcher 3 and start playing, no doubt they'll be some flashback sequences explaining why you are Badass McCool and why you need to kill monsters and why hot women everywhere swoon over you.
Fork
Seylana wrote:
Agreed. But I think I might play the first two anyway just cos.

You say this about everything, how many hours can you squeeze into a day!?

Neifelheim wrote:
I've played both the previous 2 and they are up there as the best single player RPG experiences I've come across in that genre, in terms of game play, really cool storyline and the main character is Badass McCool.

I've heard such good things about them, but just never played them because they're all supposed to be super long. I'd like to be able to find time, but I can't see it happening unfortunately.

bladearts wrote:
When I played the Witcher 2 I think it had a little cutscene that explained most of the things that happened in the first game. This one will probably have something similar so people don't get confused.

Awesome, hope they do that for #3 too.
Melg
Fork wrote:
Seylana wrote:
Agreed. But I think I might play the first two anyway just cos.

You say this about everything, how many hours can you squeeze into a day!?


Well Im not playing everything at once! I just have a long list of stuff Im reading or games I have to play and I finish them off one by one when I have spare time.
Fork
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will launch in February 2015, CD Projekt Red announced today via the game's official website.

According to the post, CD Projekt Red hopes to "expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole" with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. To do so, however, means pushing the game back from its intended release at the end of the year.

"We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game's final release date," the post reads. "The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/11/549663 … ruary-2015


Whelp, that's quite a long way away :(
Neifelheim
Fork wrote:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will launch in February 2015, CD Projekt Red announced today via the game's official website.

According to the post, CD Projekt Red hopes to "expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole" with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. To do so, however, means pushing the game back from its intended release at the end of the year.

"We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game's final release date," the post reads. "The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/11/549663 … ruary-2015


Whelp, that's quite a long way away :(


Not a bad thing....I've got yonks to go in my current game of Witcher 2.

With a couple hundred games in my steam account I'll probably never finish this unfortunately.
Fun
Good lord that better be how the gameplay actually looks, and not just some E3 wankery.
Post Reply