Sign up
Hunterbob
So I've come to realise that you can't just open a camera in Windows 7 so you can just have a window open to view the camera.

Anyone know any reliable software for such an application? I've googled it and it's just a bunch of sites that I'm not inclined to trust really.
Alfie
If your webcam is working you can simply open up skype or msn and then open "preferences" or "options" or whatever and go to "webcam settings" and it will show your webcam in a window. Dunno if this helps because your question was a bit vague
Fork
You used to be able to just go into My Computer then open the webcam in there. Can you not in Windows 7?
Spoon
Hunterbob wrote:
you can't just open a camera in Windows 7 so you can just have a window open to view the camera.


Fork wrote:
You used to be able to just go into My Computer then open the webcam in there. Can you not in Windows 7?


???
Fork
The first sentence is horribly structured, not specific, and dumb. I was trying to clarify. Suck a dick.
Hunterbob
Software no, not really as it's a telepresence camera which is meant to be used in tandem with our 52 inch screens and a whole system/suite for it and blah blah.

I want to open the camera in it's own window independent from shit like skype etc like you used to be able to in XP. TO have a window with what the camera sees.
Fork wrote:
The first sentence is horribly structured, not specific, and dumb. I was trying to clarify. Suck a dick.

You're horribly structured... But yes, that's the general idea I'm looking for that you mentioned before this.

So. Program to open a camera in a window?
Hunterbob
This is my Hive:
Image
The entrance is on the bottom and the cabinets stand fairly tall, probably 1.5m so that hides me a bit, but our cubes are low now and there's much less to hide behind. Having my back to the entrance is a bit lame too, because people can sneak up on me easy when I'm engrossed in something.
Post Reply