Sign up
Beefyfife
Just found out that my new residence will be the Aichi Prefecture of the Tokai region of Japan. I will be leaving in less than 3 weeks and I intend to use this as my topic for posting cool and interesting stuff while in Japan. I will be there for a year, maybe more.
Hunterbob
This is awesome! Well jealous at the awesome opportunity as it really is an amazing country!

Also, beware of Shaunz. He may try to set up some kind of importing business with you :lol:
retsgip
Beefyfife wrote:
Just found out that my new residence will be the Aichi Prefecture of the Tokai region of Japan. I will be leaving in less than 3 weeks and I intend to use this as my topic for posting cool and interesting stuff while in Japan. I will be there for a year, maybe more.


Damn dude, Aichi prefecture is way out there. You'll have a completely different experience than pretty much anyone who ever goes to japan. My advice, make friends with the locals because you'll probably be the only white guy in a 50 mile radius. Don't correct english too much and be open to "teach" friends the language.

Also, head up north to Osaka as often as possible. Super friendly and laid back environment compared to the hussle bussle of Tokyo which most experience when they visit or live in Japan. Don't fall into "everyday life" because it's REALLY EASY and you want to travel a bit and explore Japan as much as possible. Trust me, there's plenty to see.
Wiing
cool beefy, Japan is such a cool place, and being there for a year, you will see quite a bit. Make sure you see the sights of the country.
Beefyfife
currently in Osaka for another 3 days and then I move to Gifu, Japan! Any suggestions on what to do for food or mid morning sightseeing? Im near the New Hankyu Station and the Umeda section of Osaka. I'm a five minute walk from the HEP FIVE ferris wheel. Pictures to come later!
Hunterbob
The castle is an obvious one, and is pretty impressive. Visit Dotonbori, massive lights and full of food that smells nice. plenty of arcades in the covered shopping streets too. Shinsekai is a pretty run down area with lots of good food (probably will need to speak Japanese), which is interesting. There is one place that's like Osaka's Akiba district, but a bit seeider that I don't remember the name of :? of course worth a look if you can find it.

The trains are pretty decent to get around there, just jump on the circle line and see what all the neighbourhoods are like too, it's pretty cool.

And of course, temples although living in Japan, you'll have plenty of time to see these :)
hekate
Hunterbob wrote:
There is one place that's like Osaka's Akiba district, but a bit seeider that I don't remember the name of :? of course worth a look if you can find it.


Den Den Town? if you can find it is about right, especially if you catch the wrong subway line, then walk in the wrong direction … suddenly it's a most of a day later, you have blisters all over your feet from walking for hours, but you finally find an electronics shop with a power adaptor. Then finding awesome toy shops (there's a huge Kiddy Land, a little shop on the way towards Dotonbori...) kind of makes up for it.

Behind the main street (the name of which escapes me) is an Otaku-dori with a few toy shops, some maid cafes, a melon books and a taito game station. Catch the subway to Nipponbashi, then change to the brown line, go down about two stops, and i think Ebisucho?? will put you at the bottom end of Den Den town. I think you can also get the red line to Namba (there's a big Mandarake there too) then walk a few blocks east.

There's also a Mandarake in an arcade near Umeda station.
retsgip
I'm wondering how this is going. Please update beefy. I'm sure your eyes are popping out of your face because the girls are hot as shit right now. Give it a few months and they'll turn back to normal and you'll notice some of them are actually ugly. Except by then it'll be summertime and they'll be wearing skimpy shit and knee highs. dear god the kneehighs (thigh highs maybe is the correct term? i think kneehigh is the japenglish word)
Darkshaunz
retsgip wrote:
I'm wondering how this is going. Please update beefy. I'm sure your eyes are popping out of your face because the girls are hot as shit right now. Give it a few months and they'll turn back to normal and you'll notice some of them are actually ugly. Except by then it'll be summertime and they'll be wearing skimpy shit and knee highs. dear god the kneehighs (thigh highs maybe is the correct term? i think kneehigh is the japenglish word)


http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M … taiRyouiki

I remember back in 2008, you were showing me around Harajuku (this was around the time you showed me the temple place in the park) - and shortly after you picked up a free Starbucks coffee sample...two really hot schoolgirls walked in front of us with the finest rumps I've had the pleasure of admiring during my visit there. Black thigh-highs and checkered pleated skirts, straightened hair and those cute beige sweater vests. I swear they must have been in front of us for a good fifteen minutes as we walked towards Harajuku station.
retsgip
Yeah, I remember that now that you mention it. The space between skirts and stockings is so magical. I wish I was a wizard so I could make it appear at will.
Post Reply